Church of England Diocese of Lincoln St. Mary and St. Michael, Stamford

Facilities and features

Click on the tags below to learn more about each.

Accessibility

Car parking is available on Broad Street or off Wharf Road, both about 10 mins walk from St Mary's.

We have an induction loop and an amplified sound system.

Large print Pew Sheets and Hymnals are available.


Our Building

Listed Building

Music and Worship

Concerts / Live Music

The church has an organ dating from 1829 by Gray. Originally in a gallery at the west end, it was moved in 1852 to the end of the south aisle, site of the former Chapel of St Nicholas. A specification for the organ can be found on the National Pipe Organ Register. A fully electro-pneumatic action was added in 1984 by Richard Bower during an overhaul with tonal alterations. In most Oxford Movement churches, the organ speaks across the chancel. This was the case at St Mary's until 1984 when the great organ division was turned through 90 degrees so that the organ now speaks into the nave as well as across the chancel.

Regular Choir

Groups, Courses and Activities


Help for Visitors

Guidebooks / Notes

The church is currently open for Sunday services at 1100, adhering to COVID-19 Regulations.


Other Features

Foodbank
Conservation Area