Frithville is proud of its primary school. It is located close to the church and village hall in the village located on West Fen Drainside.
The school was opened in 1880 as Frithville Board School, by the West Fen United District School Board, formed in 1879. Later on it became a Council School in 1903, and was managed with the Medlam Council School (re-named Carrington Council School in May or June 1903) until June 1907 when separate Boards of Managers were appointed for each school. It became known as Frithville County School in 1947 and the senior pupils were transferred to Stickney CE School from 24 August 1949.
The school was known as Frithville County Primary School prior to September 1999, since when the present name of Frithville Primary School has been used. The main part of the school is still the original building and in places has many of the original features and over the years the school has undergone many transformations to accommodate the needs of our children and staff. More recently it has had 2 new classrooms built and continue to modernise the interior and exterior of the school. In 2015 the school successfully bid for and received a grant to have a new all-weather playground, the first of its kind in the area. This has been of great benefit to the children throughout the day and across the curriculum.
The school is federated with New York Primary School and shares the same Executive Headteacher, Mr Paul Bargh. Further details about the school can be found on its website http://frithville.lincs.sch.uk/
During term time the vicar will visit the school and conduct an assembly with the pupils.
The school issues a weekly newsletter and if made available it will be added to this page as a downloadable document.