If you are currently not supported and need some help with shopping, a prescription collection or a friendly chat then NHS Volunteer Responders are ready to help.
Please note, you should get in touch if you fall into one of the following categories:
- People aged 70 years and older with underlying health conditions
- If you are in the ‘extremely vulnerable’ to COVID-19 group and have been sent a letter asking you to shield from the virus
- People who are pregnant
- If you are newly socially vulnerable as a result of COVID-19
- People who have a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010
Others with high-risk conditions could include:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People with serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised including because of cancer treatment
- People of any age with severe obesity e.g. body mass index (BMI) over 40
- Certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, dementia, renal failure, or liver disease might also be at risk
If you meet any of these specific criteria, or you consider yourself vulnerable for another reason (for instance, you have Parkinson's, Epilepsy or are vulnerable due to a mental health condition) and you need help collecting shopping, medication or would like a telephone ‘check in and chat’ please call 0808 196 3646 (8am to 8pm) to arrange volunteer support.
I’m a carer – can I make a referral on someone else’s behalf?
As someone with caring responsibilities, you are able to make a referral for someone that you care for that meets the above criteria. You can also make a referral for yourself, if this support helps you to continue in your caring role. Please call us on 0808 196 3646 to make a referral.