Church of England Diocese of Lincoln Wroot

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01427 872528

Getting here

St Pancras Wroot was rebuilt in the late 1870's but a church has stood on this site for many centuries. In the 1720's the incumbent was the Reverend Samuel Wesley of Epworth and for a time his son John served as his curate looking after Wroot. A modern stone commemorates this link at the entrance to the large open churchyard. It is thought that two of John's sisters are buried in the churchyard  but their graves are not marked. St Pancras claims the second oldest bell in the Diocese of Lincoln. Because of the Wesley connection St Pancras attracts pilgrims from all over the world and there are framed pictures giving the history of the Church inside. St Pancras is now the only church in the village.

Field Lane
Wroot
Doncaster
DN9 2BN

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below