Church of England Diocese of Lincoln Gainsborough and Morton

History of the building.

Only the 15th Century tower remains of the original medical church . Between 1734 and 1744 the main body of the church was rebuilt in the Georgian classical style. It was designed by Francis Smith of Warwick and greatly influenced by James Gibbs the designer of  St Martins in the Fields in Trafalgar Square. 

Visitors to this church can see a variety of Georgian and Victorian  features in this the building.