The current church of St. Mary was built in the mid 19th century using some of the original Spilsby sandstone from the previous church. There was a church on this site listed in the Domesday book of 1086. A medieval church was then built on the site in the 14th century. This gradually fell into disrepair and was demolished apart from the nave and the base of the tower.
The cost of the current church was £1300 which was raised in the village by public subscription. An important contribution was raised by Mrs. Edward Rawnsley of Raithby Hall, who embroidered and sold exquisite needlework for the cause. The chancel was restored through a donation from the 19th Lord Willoughby de Eresby of Eresby Hall, a residence which has since been demolished.
The seven sided font dates from the 17th century. The stone pulpit was presented by the Rev'd John Lonsdale, and the stained glass windows in the nave by various Victorian parishioners. In the east window over the altar can be seen two medieval pieces of glass, showing a bishop in red and a saint in blue.
The new choir stalls were added and the organ chamber was built in 1874.
In the churchyard is a stone shaft surmounted by a crucifix, in memory of the seven villagers who gave their lives in the first and second world wars.