Lathom Park Chapel
A beautiful place, a quiet place, a public place.
The chapel of St John the Divine was founded by the Earl of Derby in 1500. Although small it is a beautiful stone building with Almshouses adjoining and set in pretty, well-tended gardens. Inside it has lovely stained-glass windows and carvings. The screen came from the dissolution of Burscough Priory under Henry VIII. There is a burial vault with railings alongside the chapel.
In our busier, noisier times Lathom Park Chapel and gardens still provides a place where people find peace and tranquility.
We are open for regular worship at 11am every Sunday. We are also open to visitors 2pm to 4pm every Sunday afternoon from May to September.
Through baptism we regularly welcome new members to our chapel and community.
Weddings are a public witness of the marriage vows exchanged between tow people. Funerals celebrate the life and work of parishioners who have departed.
We also have regular celebrations and fundraising activities often linked to the rhythm of the the farming year - Plough Sunday, Rogation, Lammas and Harvest.
Through local support and hard work our chapel remains a special place at the heart of the community.