We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
Situated just three miles from Warrington town centre, the parish was, until 1996, one of four districts in a Team benefice: the other three, with churches built in 1970, 1978, and 1989, had matured sufficiently for the present "Group" arrangement to materialise. "Group" includes Christ Church, Padgate, The Church of the Ascension, Woolston, The Church of the Resurrection, Cinnamon Brow, and The Church of the Transfiguration, Birchwood. Excellent relationships are maintained with our partners in the Group.
The building was constructed of local brick and sandstone in 1838. A Chancel and Vestry were added in 1883. In 1992 a new porch was added in sympathy with the rest of the building, and at the same time a Meeting Room with Gallery above was formed at the west end. A new electronic organ was purchased and installed after completion of the porch extension. We have recently installed an efficient sound system, and lighting has been improved. There is a toilet facility within the porch area, capable of accommodating disabled persons.
We, belonging to Christ's Church, come to find in our relationship with our God the joy and peace that He gives us through His complete acceptance of us, whatever our faults and His willingness to walk with us, whatever our circumstances. We go out in His forgiveness and His strength with our heads held high and our hearts burning within us to witness and reflect this, His love in our interactions with everyone that we meet.
Station Road Padgate Warrington
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below