Church of England Diocese of Liverpool Wigan East (Chapelfields)

History

The foundation stone was laid on 9th July 1904 and the consecration took place on 20th May 1905. At his time it was called the Johnson Memorial Church, being given to the people of Bickershaw by the Johnson family in memory of the late James Henry Johnson and the late Elizabeth Johnson. It was less than a year later on 20th May 1905 that the consecration service took place providing the residents of the village with a place of worship.