Want to get married in a beautiful Wren Church?
Over the last couple of years we have seen the number of weddings at the Guild Church of St Mary Aldermary grow. As a Church of England Guild Church we are able to support those wanting a Church Wedding by what is called a Common License. For those who have been married formally in a Registry Office and are looking to hold a service of blessing of a marriage in a Church, then this is also possible.
If you are looking for a Church to get married in or to hold a service of blessing for a marriage, then please do get in touch as we would love to discuss your needs and see if we can help. Click here for email
We are particularly able to support those who are:
- A regular worshipper at the church.
- Who live or work in the Cordwainers Ward and beyond in the City of London.
- Live locally.
- Members of Supportive Livery Companies including the Cordwainers,
- A member of one of the two tank regiments connected with the church
- Employed in one of the office buildings in the vicinity of the church.
- Are a participant or companion to the Moot Community based at St Mary Aldermary.
Legally you will need:
- to provide original Passports or Driving License verifying that you are a UK or EU Citizen or Passport with a valid visa to remain in the UK if you are a foreign national.
- to provide proof of local connection if you work or live locally confirming address of work place or home.
- Willingness to join the Electoral Roll of the Guild Church of St Mary Aldermary.
- Willing to pay the expected fees for the Church of England, and the fee expected by the Church Council.
The main church seating capacity is around 250, but extra seating can be accommodated up to 300. We also have facilities for the production of tea and coffee and snacks, which can be opened for sales if desired.
Note: at least one party to the marriage must be baptised (christened) for the wedding to take place here (please ask for more details if you wish).
So do get in touch if you would like to explore getting married or holding a service of blessing for a marriage Click here for email
The Guild Church of St Mary Aldermary is a beautiful Church to get married in. There has been a Church on this site for over 900 years. The Current Church Building is a Grade 1 Listed Gothic beauty created by Sir Christopher Wren. As a Guild Church we are licensed to hold Wedding Services for those who live and/or work in the City of London under what is called a Common License.
Saturdays are an ideal time to get married in this Church. If you are interested in enquiring about the possibility of getting married at the Guild Church of St Mary Aldermary please do get in touch with Ian Mobsby the Priest Missioner or Catherine his Assistant preferably by email (Click this link).
As with all matters we as a Church do follow UKBA guidance regarding those who have a right to get married in the UK, please see the UKBA website for more info on this.
We hope that you will consider St Mary Aldermary as a great place to get married.