St John's is a fine stone-faced Grade 2* listed building, consecrated in 1850. Seating is in wooden pews accommodating up to about 350, with a small side chapel seating 24 on chairs. There are two steps up to the chancel on either side of which there are choir stalls and there is a further step up to the sanctuary. The tower houses eight bells and a chiming clock.
Vestries and a toilet have been added on the north-east corner. Heating is by oil-fired boiler situated in a basement. There is a loop system for the hard of hearing and wheelchair access through the North and West doors.
We are very friendly church and welcome people of all ages.