St Peter's Church, Humshaugh

Welcome to St. Peter's Church, Humshaugh, a peaceful and prayerful rural church.

We have regular services most Sundays and hope you may be able to join us for Worship.

The church was built in 1818 by the Greenwich Hospital, one of several churches in the area in which ex-Naval Chaplains were settled after the Napoleonic Wars. There are many original features, and a short guide - and a trail for the children! - are available to help you enjoy your visit.

Worshipping or just visiting you are very welcome here! 

Our own services are shown on these pages, but as part of Bellingham Deanery we are also sharing together in worship over this beautiful part of Northumberland. Please check our Services page, or the link to 'The Broadsheet' further down in our pages for news of services elsewhere.

For more information contact our Priest in Charge: Revd Canon Sarah Lunn : [email protected]

Donate online!

Please support our mission at St Peter's by giving online

Get in touch

Revd Canon Sarah Lunn

The Vicarage

NE46 4TF

Our website

What's on

Service of Holy Communion

Monthly. Every Third Sunday at for 1 hour
St Peter's Church, Humshaugh
St. Peter's Church Humshaugh Hexham, NE46 4AA, United Kingdom

Service of Holy Communion at St Peter's

Church Services in July 2024 .pdf

A new schedule of services in St Peter's!

Notices Church_news


Our parish of Humshaugh: St Peter is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO).

Our Diocese of Newcastle’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO.

If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (their details and further information can be found using the button below).

If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services.

Read more