St Bartholomew's

We are a Church of England parish church and we welcome all who wish to visit or worship with us.

Sunday Eucharistic worship is central to our life. We also offer weekday Holy Communion Services. From our worship stems our social activities and pastoral work, including Baptisms, Weddings and Funerals. We minister not only to our congregation but also to all who live and work in and around Benton and Forest Hall.

Our music and liturgy seek to be the very best we can offer so that people can engage with worship. Everyone is encouraged to join in services and social activities.

St Bartholomew's is committed to maintaining a Safeguarding Policy in line with diocesan procedures and good practise and the House of Bishop’s Policy. Further details can be found on our website.

To find out more about our life at St Bartholomew's, please visit our website.

Get in touch

Church Wardens - Christina Gravell and David Cowen

St Bartholomew's Parish Office
Station Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE12 8EY

NE12 9NQ
Parish Office
(0191) 266 2015

Our website

What's on

Morning Prayer

Every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday at for 30 mins
St Bartholomew's
Station Road Benton, NE12 8EY, United Kingdom

Common Worship Morning Prayer, in the St Andrew Chapel


"Our parish of Long Benton: St Bartholomew is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults from harm. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO). Our Diocese of Newcastle’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor who advises our PSO. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the PSO [add their details here or use the button to link to a page that shows the info] or the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor [add their details here or use the button below to link to your own page that shows the info or the diocesan safeguarding page]. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority’s children or adult social care services."