St. George’s is located on the sea front at Cullercoats (see map). The church is the only Grade 1 listed building in North Tyneside. It was built by the 6th Duke of Northumberland in memory of his father the 5th Duke, was designed by John Loughborough Pearson, who was also architect of Truro Cathedral and St. Augustine, Kilburn (to mention but a few of his commissions). The church, commenced in 1882, was consecrated by the Bishop of the then new Diocese of Newcastle as one of his first Episcopal acts in 1884.
This is a lively and thriving church. The Eucharist is the central focus of our worshipping life together. We have a reputation for the warmth of our welcome and we should be delighted too welcome you. The church is open every day of the year.
Music is an important part of our life as God's family in this place. It enhances our liturgy and the choir club is a mainstay of our work with young people.
The church is under the episcopal care of The Bishop of Beverley.