Church of England Diocese of Peterborough Lilbourne

Our five Thomas II Eayre bells.

Thomas II Eayre of Kettering re-cast the four existing bells between late 1761 and early 1762. These bells are known as a 'maiden ring' due to the fact they have not been tuned since 1762. All possess their original canons but have been subsequently quarter-turned to allow for a new striking face for the clappers.