Church of England Diocese of Peterborough Thornhaugh and Wansford

About Us

Originally built in the 11th century, the church has an exceptional font of the 1120s. Until the new chancel was built in 1902 on the old foundations, St Mary's claimed to be the smallest parish church in England. The south doorway was built in the 13th century and the south porch is dated 1663. In 2009 the church has been completely refurbished with the help of Landfill Tax and generous parishioners.