The church of Holy Trinity Millhouses, stone-built in the ‘Arts & Crafts’ style, dates from 1937. The interior is light and airy and has a simple dignity: it gives a feeling of space, which lends itself to visual art and music. The fine acoustics of the building make it an ideal, and increasingly popular, location for a wide range of musical performances. The space is flexible and seating can be moved aside or re-arranged for special events and for Christmas and Easter worship
In 1897, the area of Holy Trinity Millhouses was part of the Grange Villa Estate belonging to Sir Wilson Mappin. He gave the site for a chapel-of-ease to be built, to serve the ever-increasing population of Millhouses, because the Parish Church of that time was up the hill at Ecclesall. By 1910 Millhouses had grown sufficiently to become a separate parish: St. Oswald’s was built, at the corner of Abbeydale Road and Bannerdale Road, and the chapel came under its care. As Millhouses continued to expand outwards from the city, the parish was divided yet again: in 1927 Holy Trinity became a parish in own right, with the chapel as its parish church. The chapel and an adjoining house were demolished in 1935, and a new Holy Trinity Church on the same site was consecrated on 1st May 1937. A new Church Hall was opened in 1965 , between the church and the vicarage, and the following year a Parish Centre was opened half a mile from the church and on the site of the original church hall, to provide better facilities for youth work in the area.