St Mark’s church was built in 1772 for the sum of £280 7s 1p as a Chapel of Ease to Malew Parish Church. The building remained very basic with earth floors until 1827 when the Rev. Clarke came to the village and undertook to improve not only the church but the roads and glebe farm. He was also responsible for securing funding to build a new parsonage and school. The church has some interesting features including a granite font, the original numbered roof rafters and tie beams along with a west gallery. The church has one stained glass window built by Kayll & Co dated 1899 and restored in 2005. Apart from the addition of a small vestry, the church has remained structurally unchanged since its consecration.