Church of England Diocese of Sodor and Man Malew and Santan

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

01623 822469

Getting here

St Mark’s church was built in 1772 for the sum of £280 7s 1p as a Chapel of Ease to Malew Parish Church. The building remained very basic with earth floors until 1827 when the Rev. Clarke came to the village and undertook to improve not only the church but the roads and glebe farm. He was also responsible for securing funding to build a new parsonage and school. The church has some interesting features including a granite font, the original numbered roof rafters and tie beams along with a west gallery. The church has one stained glass window built by Kayll & Co dated 1899 and restored in 2005. Apart from the addition of a small vestry, the church has remained structurally unchanged since its consecration.

St Marks
Ballasalla
IM9

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below