The church at Warsop is recorded in the Doomsday book. The building we see today has been through many changes since then. As has the surrounding area which in 1086 was a farming community, was transformed by the mining industry and has since changed again when mining in the parish came to an end in 2010.
There is detailed information about the history of the Parish Church held with the Southwell and Nottingham History Project.
All except the most recent registers are stored in the Nottingham Archive:
Castle Meadow Road,
Tel: 0115 958 1634