We take our responsibility for the safeguarding, care and protection of adults and young people very seriously. We want everyone who comes through our doors at all times to feel safe and secure as they gather to worship God and enjoy community encounter.
Our Safeguarding Officer is Jane Harwood and can be contacted at: [email protected]
or the Diocesan safeguarding office: Donna Barnard-Carlin at 01636 817 200, or [email protected]
Out of hours for children and adults:
Nottinghamshire: 0300 456 4546
Nottingham City Council: 0115 876 1000
We are committed to:
The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults.
The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable
The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
Within our church community, to the safeguarding and protection of vulnerable people.
To realise this:
- We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibilities within the Church, in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult, child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local authority in any investigation.
- We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
- We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- In all these principles we will follow legislation, guidance and recognised good practice.