A warm welcome to Dewsbury Minster, part of The Team Parish of Dewsbury.
Dewsbury Minster offers a warm welcome to all and is a place of Christian prayer, worship and ministry, peace and beauty, activity and reflection, giving friendship and hospitality to those of all faiths and those of none; 1400 years in the making, it is still building a future on the past.
The Services are vibrant and varied; the music is inspiring. All, including babies, children and toddlers are made warmly welcome. Drinks are served in a friendly atmosphere in The Refectory after most services.
Sundays: 10.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m - details on website updated weekly - www.dewsburyminster.org.uk; Tuesdays: Midday Prayer with Michael Booth; Wednesdays: 12 noon - Holy Communion; Mondays to Saturdays: 9 a.m. - Morning Prayer in The Paulinus Chapel.
Contacts with The Clergy Staff across The Team Parish of Dewsbury, News & Events Diaries updated weekly and much, much more can be viewed on:-
The Dewsbury Minster Website:
‘Safeguarding’ is of paramount importance to us, not only of young people and vulnerable adults, but also of all users of the building.
If you have any concerns, they will be taken seriously, and dealt with swiftly, sensitively and in confidence.
All safeguarding issues should be referred directly to the Safeguarding Officer as soon as is practicable.
For immediate assistance ask for a member of the Clergy or a Churchwarden
Safeguarding Officer: Mrs Rhoda Andruchow
Mobile Phone: 07377 677591
The Minster is open daily to visitors: Monday to Saturday: 9.30am to 3pm (except Bank Holidays) and has full disabled access.
Parking: just follow the Minster signs off the Ring Rd.
Public Transport: From The Bus Station just cross the Ring Road. From The Rail Station 5-10 minute walk down the hill or use the free townbus.
Grade II* Listed with Refectory, Shop, Heritage Centre, Tour Guide, Bookable Tours, Conference and Room Hire including catering.
Here you will also find 1400 years of history and hospitality:
• a beautifully re-ordered Worship Area and organ refurbishment.
• a prayer and pilgrimage Chapel, Heritage Centre, Refectory, Christian Shop and Room Hire.
• Anglo Saxon Cross carvings commemorating St. Paulinus’ visit in 627AD
• walls from 980AD of a Mother Church of 400 square miles.
• a free Heritage Tour Guide identifying Norman, Georgian, Victorian and other gems.
• guided tours to book and history publications to buy
• all facilities, full disabled access, ample parking
• and its near the best market in England. (Wednesdays and Saturdays)
• We welcome other organists and other bell ringers, as well as holding our organ recitals.
Other Churches in The Team Parish:
St John The Evangelist, Dewsbury Moor
Holy Trinity Church, Batley Carr