We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
A warm welcome to Dewsbury Minster, part of The Team Parish of Dewsbury.
Dewsbury Minster offers a warm welcome to all and is a place of Christian prayer, worship and ministry, peace and beauty, activity and reflection, giving friendship and hospitality to those of all faiths and those of none; 1400 years in the making, it is still building a future on the past.
The Services are vibrant and varied; the music is inspiring. All, including babies, children and toddlers are made warmly welcome. Drinks are served in a friendly atmosphere in The Refectory after most services.
Sundays: 10.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m - details on website updated weekly - www.dewsburyminster.org.uk ; Wednesdays: 12 noon - Holy Communion; Mondays to Saturdays: 9 a.m. - Morning Prayer in The Paulinus Chapel.
Contacts with The Clergy Staff across The Team Parish of Dewsbury, News & Events Diaries updated weekly and much, much more can be viewed on:-
The Dewsbury Minster Website:
The Minster is open daily to visitors: Monday to Saturday: 9.30am to 3pm (except Bank Holidays) and has full disabled access.
Parking: just follow the Minster signs off the Ring Rd.
Public Transport: From The Bus Station just cross the Ring Road. From The Rail Station 5-10 minute walk down the hill or use the free townbus.
Grade II* Listed with Refectory, Shop, Heritage Centre, Tour Guide, Bookable Tours, Conference and Room Hire including catering.
Here you will also find 1400 years of history and hospitality:
• a beautifully re-ordered Worship Area and organ refurbishment.
• a prayer and pilgrimage Chapel, Heritage Centre, Refectory, Christian Shop and Room Hire.
• Anglo Saxon Cross carvings commemorating St. Paulinus’ visit in 627AD
• walls from 980AD of a Mother Church of 400 square miles.
• a free Heritage Tour Guide identifying Norman, Georgian, Victorian and other gems.
• guided tours to book and history publications to buy
• all facilities, full disabled access, ample parking
• and its near the best market in England. (Wednesdays and Saturdays)
• We welcome other organists and other bell ringers, as well as holding our
Other Churches in The Team Parish:
St John The Evangelist, Dewsbury Moor
Trinity Church, Batley Carr
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below