About Us

The Parish Church of St Nicholas stands at the heart of the Village today as it has since the 12th century. 

Services are currently held in church on every Sunday in the month at 10.0 am.

The church is open for private prayer daily.

The church was extended in the 15th century and largely rebuilt in 1840. The result is a light and airy interior, despite the box pews.  It has recently again been refurbished.  There are memorials to the Croft family, of the former Stillington Hall, and a previous vicar was Lawrence Sterne, of Tristram Shandy fame.  Some of the furniture is by Robert 'mouseman' Thomson of Kilburn.  

We are part of the Forest of Galtres Benefice so we share our vicar, the Revd Steve Whiting, with the four other churches of the Benefice. He may be contacted on 01347 810251.