St. Mary's Church has a loyal Christian congregation who worship God in a central Anglican way. We are part of a Benefice that has a regular home prayer group and regular opportunities to meet for Bible study, prayer and other activities aimed at building our spiritual lives. We work closely with the C of E school in the village and worship regularly with our Methodist friends in the community.
The Church sits alongside Sledmere House but is entered from a roadside gate. Renowned as a fine example of the work of Temple Moore, the Church completed in 1898, replaced a Norman building. It is of course a ‘Sykes’ Church and the grave of Sir Tatton is found on the north side of the Church alongside other family monuments.
St. Mary's Church is one of 6 churches in the Benefice of Waggoners. For more information please go to our Benefice page by clicking on the text below.