Welcome to St Stephen's New Church, Fylingdales. We are the parish church for Robin Hood's Bay and Fylingthorpe.
We are fortunate to have a beautiful building, which we share with over 1000 people each year. You are welcome to join us for a service, or to look around. The church is open 9am to 3pm every day.
Please look further into this site for details of Parish life.
We pray for peace and understanding
In our country and countryside,
For the rule of Christ in our hearts and lives;
May barriers be broken and enmities overcome.
May God's Kingdom be established
And his purpose fulfilled.
In Jesus' name
Designed by G.E. Street, this church, which superseded nearby St Stephen's Old Church, reflects the change in worship that was influenced by the Oxford Movement in the later part of the 19th century. Constructed between 1868 and 1870 at a cost of £6000, the building work was financed by the vicar, Robert Jermyn Cooper, who was incumbent for 57 years, and local landowner Robert Barry. The church contains some fine stained glass by Holiday and the windows and carvings reflect the maritime and agricultural life of the parish.