We are a friendly group of worshippers, mostly people living in the village of Kilburn (High Kilburn and Low Kilburn). We are part of 'The White Horse Parishes' (St. Mary Kilburn, All Saints Thirkleby, St. Mary Bagby) and St. Cuthbert Sessay and St. Oswald Sowerby. Services are held in each of the parishes on an alternating schedule. Sunday Services are usually at St. Mary Kilburn on the Third Sunday of the month, but do check as it can change and additions made.
St. Oswald, Sowerby has a service nearly every Sunday. Do check each calendar for specific dates.
Visitors are always welcome.
The first building on the site was a chapel built 1120-1130 and enlarged in 1170-80, and is righly described as 'Norman'. This makes it older than the Abbeys of Rievaulx and Byland, which are both within 5-25 miles of Kilburn.
The Pews in the Nave were made by Robert Thompson's craftsmen in 1970/71. The church is full of furniture made by Mousey Thompson and there are lots of his signature carved mice to find.