St Luke's church was founded as a daughter church of St Mary's Watford in 1937. It was built as a temporary dual purpose building on the newly developing Cassiobury Estate, with the intention of building a new church. It became a parish in its own right in 1969. In 2006, the new building was completed and consecrated. The old church has been converted to a hall and there is a new complex of meeting rooms for community and church use. Extended car park facilities have been carved out of the vicarage garden and a new Communion Table, Font and Lectern have been made out of wood from trees removed from the car park.