"The parish of Worcester: St Michael is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Worcester’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services."
The nominated Parish Safeguarding Representative is: Michael Dowling
Incumbent contact details: The Reverend Phil Bradford
The following policy has been agreed and implemented by the PCC.
1. We are committed to safeguarding and the care of the children within our church community.
2. We are aware of and will implement the House of Bishops’ Child Protection Policy Protecting All God’s Children 4th edition (2010). A copy of this policy can be found on the Diocesan website. We work closely with the Bishops Safeguarding Adviser.
3. We will ensure that lay ministers, volunteers and paid workers who work with children and vulnerable adults are carefully selected and trained using the safe recruitment process and Disclosure and Barring Service to check the background of each person as outlined in the diocesan procedures. The Diocese will do likewise in respect of the ordained.
4. We will respond without delay to every complaint made, that a child or young person for whom we are responsible may have been harmed or is in significant danger, reporting it to the relevant authority.
5. We will fully cooperate with statutory agencies during any investigation, into allegations concerning a member of the church community. We will inform the statutory agency of any suspected criminal offences or concerns that we are made aware of in respect of our contact with children.
6. We will offer informed pastoral care to any child, young person or adult survivor of abuse and provide details of local and national support agencies.
7. We will supervise any member of our church community known to have offended against a child or vulnerable adult and ensuring proper and appropriate preventative safeguards are in place using a written agreement. .
8. We will review this policy annually, checking that all our procedures and activities involving children and vulnerable adults are up to date including the Disclosure and Barring Checks.
9. We will review our insurance policy for those working with children and vulnerable adults ensuring we adopt the advice in the House of Bishops’ Policy and Promoting a Safe Church.
10. A copy of this Policy will be displayed on the Parish Notice Board
11. PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU CAN CONTACT CHILDLINE FREE ON 0800 1111 AT ANYTIME.