We will be adding to this page with more details about the history of St Michael's Church in Dines Green so please keep coming back to check for updates!
The first church building on the estate was built in about 1956. It was a wooden building left by the builders who built Dines Green Housing Estate. At the time, the Estate was part of the Parish of St Clement.
In June 1959 the Diocesan Pastoral Committee recommended that Dines Green Housing Estate should become a "Conventional District" and this change took place in June 1960. The first clergyman to look after Dines Green was Rev'd NB Holt, who was ordained Deacon on 13th June 1960. St Michael's became its own parish in 1967.
The current church building was completed and opened in 2014 after a redevelopment of the local area.
In the video we see what the old church building looked like from the outside.
Clergy & Vicar's of Dines Green (incomplete list)
1960 - 1962: N.B. Holt
1962 - ? : Michael Brierley
? - 1974: David Johnson
1975 - 1977: Michael Cartwright
1979 - 1982: Chris Green
1982 - ? : Jim Leverton & Frank Bentley
2015 - present: Phil Bradford