We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information
St Hilda's is the daughter church of St Gregory's Minster in the ecclesiastical parish of Kirkdale, which comprises six civil parishes, viz. Beadlam,Nawton,Skiplam,Wombleton,Welburn and Muscoates. This church was built in 1882-83 to meet the needs of the large proportion of the parishioners who inhabit the western half of the parish. Kirkdale has been a Local Ecumenical Partnership of Anglicans and Methodists for several years and because we have the two churches we are able to offer a choice of service with the traditional C of E BCP services at St Gregory's with less formal proceedings at St Hilda's where some services will be led by Methodist local preachers and others by the Vicar or Lay Readers. St Hilda's is licenced for both denominations. The two churches are cared for by a Joint Church Council with representatives from both Anglican and Methodist members. In 2000 a new extension was built to form a meeting and Sunday School room and this is known as The Millennium Room. The main body of the church is light and airy with a 2-manual organ and has some stained glass saved from the redundant chapels in Nawton and Wombleton to mark the link with the Methodists. There are also some memorial plaques which are quite interesting. The church clock was installed to mark Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887.
If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below