This large and beautiful church holds a dominant position in the town. It portrays the importance of Clare in the Middle Ages. Look for the heraldic glass in the east window - all that remains after Dowsing's iconoclastic visit in 1643. The chantry screen, the gallery in the south aisle and the ringers' 'gotch' are of interest. The ring of eight bells is the heaviest in Suffolk.
The church is open for visitors every day and there is a well-stocked shop and bookstall.
Clare Parish Church belongs to the Stour Valley Benefice and the Rector is The Reverend Stuart Mitchell. The choir sings at every principle Sunday service.There is an active branch of the Mothers' Union and Flower Guild.
Please refer to the noticeboards for special services and events.
Level access to the south door which has limited width followed by ramp. Level access by the West Door for services or by arrangement for visitors. please use the contact page.
Parking available around the church in Clare. The nearest car park is at Clare Country Park a five minute walk with moderate incline.
You are most welcome to the Church of St Peter and St Paul in Clare and to all of the churches in the Stour Valley Benefice.