Facilities and features
Click on the tags below to learn more about each.
A portable toilet is located on the grassed parking area in front of the Church.
A grassed parking area is located in front of the Church as you approach it from the private track leading from the public road at Temple Bar.
The main entrance through the south porch has steps into the interior of the building. Wheel chair access is available by arrangement through the north door, though this does involve using gently graded grass paths from the car park.
The Hearing Loop is designed to serve all of the interior of the Church.
The Church building is Listed Grade I
Music and Worship
The Church has a peel of six bells rung from the space beneath the West Tower. They are rung by the Team from St. Mary's Church Boxford.
For more information please contact the Tower Captain, Richard Gates, on 01787 210432.
The Church is a medium sized medieval Church of England building capable of accomodating about 120 people.
It is noted for its good acoustics and has a fine seventeenth century organ.
The organ was put in place in 1879 at which time it had been rebuilt. However, the original instrument, of which much is still in situ, was built by ‘Father Smith’, (Bernhardt Schmidt, a German craftsman who emigrated to England in 1667 and took the name Bernard Smith, one of the two greatest organ builders of the seventeenth century) and dates to 1670. It was originally constructed for the Sheldonian Theatre in Oxford.
A service of Holy Communion using the Book of Common Prayer is held at 08:00 on the fouth Sunday of April and July.
Groups, Courses and Activities
There is an interesting mid-seventeenth century brass to Benjamin and Elizabeth Brand, though it is styled in the medieval tradition, set in the floor of the eastern end of the north aisle.
Help for Visitors
Guidebooks are available from the table at the west end of the Church.
The Church is open everyday from dawn until dusk.