The Diocese of Truro endorses the Church of England Safeguarding Policy which is to be found in The Parish Safeguarding Handbook,
This can be found at https://www.churchofengland.org/safeguarding/promoting-safer-church-safeguarding or a copy obtained from the Parish Priest who is:-
Rev Canon Anne Brown 01872 572654
Ensuring that children and young people as well as adults are kept safe whilst in our care is an integral part of our church life. If you have any concerns about safeguarding please contact:
The Safeguarding Co-ordinators in the Cluster Parishes:-
Perranzabuloe Lynn Mellor 01872 572739
Cubert Kathleen Harrison 01637 831083
Crantock Joan Greenwood 01637 831347
St Agnes with Mount Hawke Myf Mitchell 07592791971
The Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor Sarah Acraman 01872 274351
Out of Hours or after 5pm and weekends: 01208 251300
In Emergency Situations
Local Authority Children’s Social Care: 0300 1231 116
Local Authority Adult’s Social Care: 0300 1234 131
Welcome to the parish church of Perranzabuloe: St Piran in the Anglican Diocese of Truro and county of Cornwall England.
St Piran’s church was rebuilt at the end of the Georgian era on a new site. The original structure was taken down from Perran sands and brought to the present site, having been engulfed by sand. Much of the medieval structure has been incorporated within the building. It is of simple cruciform format with a squat tower to the west. It is accessed by the south porch. This reveals the south aisle and nave with north and south transepts.
St Piran’s Church, Penhallow is arguably the most significant church in Cornwall because of its direct connection with St Piran, the patron saint of Tin Miners. The present church contains many features from the 11th Century church brought over from Perran sands; its font, pulpit, rear screen, pew ends, pillar finials, window tracery, three sections of the original tower and the ‘Celtic face’ above the south door. The churchyard contains the original stone cross fashioned, as legend has it, by St Piran himself, to sit on the original 5th Century oratory. The graveyard also contains the significant war graves of those who lost their lives at Penhale Camp in the second World War.
Visit our website for more information: www.theatlanticcoastcluster.org.uk