Church of England Diocese of Truro Perranzabuloe

Opening

We were unable to provide opening hours. Please contact the Church for more information

+44 (0)1872 573025

+44(0)1872572654

Getting here

Welcome to the parish church of Perranzabuloe: St Piran in the Anglican Diocese of Truro and county of Cornwall England.

St Piran’s church was rebuilt at the end of the Georgian era on a new site. The original structure was taken down from Perran sands and brought to the present site, having been engulfed by sand. Much of the medieval structure has been incorporated within the building. It is of simple cruciform format with a squat tower to the west. It is accessed by the south porch. This reveals the south aisle and nave with north and south transepts.
St Piran’s Church, Penhallow is arguably the most significant church in Cornwall because of its direct connection with St Piran, the patron saint of Tin Miners. The present church contains many features from the 11th Century church brought over from Perran sands; its font, pulpit, rear screen, pew ends, pillar finials, window tracery, three sections of the original tower and the ‘Celtic face’ above the south door. The churchyard contains the original stone cross fashioned, as legend has it, by St Piran himself, to sit on the original 5th Century oratory. The graveyard also contains the significant war graves of those who lost their lives at Penhale Camp in the second World War.

Visit our website for more information: www.atlanticcoastcluster.org

A 3075
Perranzabuloe
Truro
TR4 9LQ

If you'd prefer to navigate using Google Maps please use the button below