Church of England Diocese of Southwell & Nottingham Saint Mary the Virgin, the Lace Market, Nottingham

About Us

The Civic and Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin is situated in the heart of Nottingham's historic lace market.

St Mary's is the oldest religious foundation in Nottingham, the current church is the third on the site. Building work commenced around 1377, the nave was completed in 1475 and the tower shortly afterwards.