Church of England Diocese of Blackburn Gisburn

St Mary the Virgin, Gisburn

We are delighted to announce that, in accordance with government guidelines, St Mary the Virgin Church, Gisburn has reopened for public worship! Please check on the Calendar page for the dates and times of our services. Our Sunday morning service usually starts at 9:30am with occasional late afternoon services at 4:30pm.

We would love to welcome you safely to the church which is on the main road in Gisburn. St Mary's is part of the Bowland Benefice which also includes Saint Peter And St Paul, Bolton By Bowland and St Ambrose, Grindleton. We share the same Rector with our fellow churches, Revd Mark Williams, who can be contacted on 01200 441152. The Bowland Benefice has a website with more information for you.

Keeping you safe: In line with the advice from the government and Church of England, face coverings should be worn by all those attending a place of worship where there may be other people present; remembering that they are mainly intended to protect other people, not the wearer, from coronavirus (COVID-19) and that they are not a replacement for social distancing and hand sanitising.

The parish of Gisburn: St Mary the Virgin is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Blackburn’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.

Get in touch

Rector Revd Mark Williams

St Mary the Virgin Church Main Street, Gisburn, Lancashire

Our website

Eucharist Service

In July, August, September, October, November, December. Every Second, Fourth Sunday at 9:30 a.m. for 45m

Main Street
Near Clitheroe

On the second and fourth Sundays of the month please join us for a Eucharist Service using the Common Worship Service Book.

Eucharist/Holy Communion Common Worship Event held in a Church

The APCM takes place after the 4:30pm service on Sunday, 18th October 2020

24 Sep 2020, 5 p.m.