Church of England Diocese of Blackburn Grindleton

St Ambrose Church, Grindleton

Putting church at the heart of Christmas we will be pleased to welcome you to St Ambrose, Grindleton where Revd Mark Williams is our Team Rector. Our services usually start at 9:30am on a Sunday morning except on the 4th Sunday of the month when the service is at 4:30pm. We are also posting services online on the Facebook page of our sister church; please search for St Mary The Virgin, Gisburn.

Christmas Services 2021 ~ all are welcome! 

Thursday, 16th Dec at 6:30pm Village Carol Service 

Christmas Eve Fri 24th Dec at 4pm Welcome to Christmas

Christmas Day Sat 25th Dec at 9am Christmas Day Communion

Boxing Day Sun 26th Dec 10:30am United Service at Ss Peter & Paul, Bolton By Bowland

St Ambrose is part of the Bowland Benefice which also includes Saint Peter And St Paul, Bolton By Bowland and St Mary The Virgin, Gisburn. We share the same Rector with our fellow churches, Revd Mark Williams, who can be contacted on 01200 441152. The Bowland Benefice has a  website with more information for you. 

The parish of Grindleton: St Ambrose is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. We follow the House of Bishops guidance and policies and have our own Parish Safeguarding Officer(s), PSOs. The Diocese of Blackburn’s safeguarding pages contain vital links and information including contacts for the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor (DSA) who advise our PSOs. If you are concerned that a child or adult has been harmed or may be at risk of harm please contact the DSA. If you have immediate concerns about the safety of someone, please contact the police and your local authority Children or Adults Services.

Discover what's at the heart of Christmas with us

Celebrate and share the good news of Christ’s birth with special services and events this Advent and Christmas.

Get in touch

The Revd Mark Williams

The Rectory Sawley Road Grindleton Clitheroe Lancs BB7 4QS

Midweek BCP Eucharist Service

Thursday 11 March 2021, Thursday 08 April 2021, Thursday 17 June 2021, Thursday 08 July 2021, Thursday 12 August 2021, Thursday 09 September 2021, Thursday 14 October 2021, Thursday 11 November 2021, Thursday 09 December 2021 Thursday at 10 a.m. for 30m
Add to my calendar

Sawley Road
Near Cltheroe

Please join us on the second Thursday of the month for traditional Eucharist Service using the wording of the Book Of Common Prayer. The service starts at 10am

Eucharist/Holy Communion Book of Common Prayer Event held in a Church

At St Ambrose Church 17th/18th/19th September 2021

24 Aug 2021, 9:45 a.m.