Bellerby is a small rural village about two miles from the market town of Leyburn in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales with a strong community spirit.
Thought to be the third building on this site, the first being built pre 1801. Mr J Jones of Leyburn was the architect and builder of the present church. With a chancel, sanctuary, vestry, small bell turret and porch this building is much more spacious than its predecessors. The windows are of cathedral glass with coloured margins. The east window of stained glass depicting the birth, death and resurrection is in memory of Mr J H Osbourne and the west window is in memory of Francis Walker. The church was consecrated on 24th March 1874.
During 2005 after much fundraising within the community the church was re-roofed and decorated inside. A carpet was fitted throughout in 2006. The bell which was removed in 2017 for safety reasons was rehung in 2021.
The church has a peaceful atmosphere and this is reflected in the simplicity of its design.
We aim to enable as many people as possible to worship in our church and to become part of our church family. You are assured of a warm welcome at any of our services.
Everyone connected with the church takes safeguarding and care of children and vulnerable adults very seriously. Further information about this and how to contact our Parish Safeguarding Officer can be found on our website www.leyburn.church.