Built in 1837, the foundation stone laid on 11th February, and the first service held on 24th September of the same year. The Bishop of Ripon consecrated the Church in January 1838.
The Church school, Dacre Braithwaite was built in 1840, when Matthew Wilson left money to found a school. It is still connected to Holy Trinity.
The design is simple and the outside appearance has not changed except for the removal of a wooden spire which originally topped the tower.