St. Peter’s Parish Church is set in the heart of the small Leicestershire village, Tilton on the Hill.
The earliest parts of the Church date back to the late 12th century, evident in the South Chancel door and Tower. The spire is of the Decorated period as is the South Aisle. The North Aisle and arcade were rebuilt further south, so that the Nave is not centered on the Tower and Chancel. The Chancel was remodeled and the Clerestory added in the Perpendicular period. A restoration was carried out in 1854 by R.C.Hussey. The Church is Grade 1 listed and a cross in the churchyard is Grade 11 listed. The Church stands within the Tilton on the Hill Conservation Area.