St. Mark’s is of a central Anglican tradition and uses a mixture of Common Worship and the Book of Common Prayer in its public worship. The present average weekly congregation numbers about 60 people who contribute to the church’s active life.
A contemporary service is offered on both the 1st and 3rd Sunday of each month, the latter being an all-age, baptism service.
The parish usually offers on-going faith-development courses, confirmation classes, quiet days, retreats and pilgrimages. Discipleship is fostered through engagement with the Diocesan’s Community of St. Chad. Fellowship is promoted by a very full use of the church hall facilities for meals, fun & games, films etc.
The well-maintained church building (dating from 1915) is set in impressive formal and wildlife-friendly gardens which regularly win prizes in local and diocesan gardening competitions.
A full programme of fellowship activities adds to the life of St. Mark’s and the Christian discipline of pilgrimage is important. Pilgrimages to Holy Island (Lindisfarne), Iona, Walsingham and Jerusalem have been made recently. Seasonal quiet days and short, themed retreats also feature in the spiritual development of the congregation.