Surrounded by rural landscapes, Christ Church nestles in the lowest point of the village of Hilderstone, but its spire can be seen for some considerable distance. The church stands near the junction of two busy roads, making it a familiar land mark to motorists from outside the parish.
A fine example of a Waterloo Church, designed by Thomas Trubshaw and consecrated in 1833, it has a very rare and fine example of enamel on glass, exhibiting an outstanding standard of workmanship. Executed by William Collins of London (glass enameller to Queen Victoria) it has been suggested that this may be one of only two pieces of his work still in existence. The enamel gives a wonderful depth of colour.
The interior of the church retains many of its original box pews.