The church is quietly secluded in a hollow, encircled by meadow land and to the South West of the village. Dating mainly from the 14th century, it has a simple un-ostentatious exterior. The unusual tower is only slightly higher than the roof of the nave. It was much restored in the 19th century. There is a Norman font and there are several tombs of knights, clergy and parishioners dating back to the 13th century The altar tomb of William Greville (died 1440) is of note. On the north side there is a capital carved with heads and interlinked arms, a popular motif in North Oxfordshire
Access is down a steep lane and there are steps down into the church. There is ample parking outside the church.
It is a medieval Church tucked well away from the main road and because of this & repeated burglaries it is now locked for most of the week though there are Services every Sunday and at Festivals
The key is available by telephoning Churchwarden Dorothy Foulk 01295 730409 or through email [email protected]