Please come and visit and worship with us in this lovely 13th Century church, which has the oldest brass consecration plate in this country - 1241 - and the second oldest in Europe.
The building is widely acknowldeged as one of the grandest in Derbyshire and reflects the glory of God.
Built in the shape of a cross with a set of 8 bells that are rung from the the floor of the crossing, it has a spire of 212 feet. Just stand for a minute under the crossing and feel the height and breadth of God's love. The writer George Eliot, whose Uncle was the largest employer in Ashbourne and lived in nearby Ellastone, described St Oswald's as "the finest mere parish church in all England".
The Churchyard is a place of colour much of the year; in February with snowdrops, in March and April when there are over 50 varieties of daffodils in bloom. Come the summer, it is a wild flower meadow, nurturing insects, butterflies and small mammals of many types.
On an autumnal or winter's day when the clear sun blazes through the many wonderful stained glass windows (Tree of Jesse, Te Deum, Baptismal, Memorials,) you see the richness of God's love for each of us reflected in their colours.