The Parish Church of Hayes Middlesex has witnessed to the Christian Faith since at least 830 AD.
Our main service on Sunday is a Solemn Parish Mass with a supporting choir and organist-led service based on the traditional liturgy of the Church. The Holy Sacrifice is offered daily for the Parish & Church worldwide.
The congregation ranges from newborn to those in their eighties. During term-time our Sunday school is held in the church hall. The children join us at the time of the communion to receive a blessing or the sacrament. Our uniformed organisations attend on Parade Sundays. Dr Triplett’s school often come to the church.
This reflects several periods of architecture from the early perpendicular of the East Window to the Tower which was rebuilt in 1970. A building of such ages has many artefacts including a 12th Century font and the two table tombs of Walter Grene (1456) and Sir Thomas Higate (1576). The medieval tiles in the Sanctuary are partly covered by the Elizabethan Tomb of Sir Edward Fenner (1611). A wooden Holy Table dated 1605 was given and now used as a nave altar. Most of the ledger stones refer to the patrons and Lords of the Manor. There are several significant brasses. One is to Robert Lellee, the Rector around 1370 and adjacent to it is another Rector Robert Burgeys (1408- 1421). The first recorded Rector was Peter de Lymonicen (1259) and latest Peter Homewood-a record of Christian ministry in Hayes.
The people of Hayes have looked to the Church for inspiration. On the north wall is a large mural of Saint Christopher from the 14th century. The Victorian restorers donated a number of teaching windows and recent additions include windows to Saints Anselm and Nicholas. The Coronation window is in the north aisle above the Triptych painted by the pre-Raphaelite Edward Fellowes Prynne. George, his brother, carved the Reredos with St Anselm and St George in the niches. The embossed roof of the Nave reflects the Tudor period with emblems of the crucifixion and the arms of Henry and Aragon.
The inside of the building has been restored recently at a cost of £80,000 and a similar sum will be needed to complete the work in the nave and north aisle. If you would like to donate to our work in Hayes, please use the DONATION BUTTON.
We would welcome your enquiries about Baptisms, Confirmation and Weddings in our historic church.