St Nicholas was bought in 1935 and was dedicated to St Nicholas in April 1935. It was formerly a Rocket House used by the coastguard to store its life saving rocket apparatus (a rocket sent a line to a ship in distress). The arch of the main door is a feature, although a porch/vestry was added in 1959. The church is located almost on the beach at Pett Level. It is currently being restored and has been open every day since May 2016. There is a Photographic Exhibition of old Pett Level using old postcards. Tea and coffee are available on a help-yourself/honesty basis, and we also have a selection of second hand books to borrow or buy on an honesty basis. We love people to sign our visitors book which, since mid June, has had over 80 very positive comments.