The church building

Built: 1996

Architect: Levitt Bernstein Associates

Listing: not listed

The original church of St George with St Andrew was built in 1955-56 to replace two churches that were seriously damaged in the Second World War. This church was demolished and the site was redeveloped to provide a new place of worship, a new staff house and several housing units for the Southwark and London Diocesan Housing Association.