The church style is late decorated gothic. Originally built as a Chapel of Ease within the Parish of Christchurch it was consecrated in 1889 but by 1900 with the population of 4000 - a busy railway junction and locomotive shed - it was decided to enlarge the adjacent school which was completed during 1903. In 1906 it was decided to rebuild the church due to overcrowding and this was completed and consecrated in 1910 having cost £6800 - all raised locally. The Parish of Starbeck was created in 1911.
Various modifications have been made in more recent times - a toilet within the church around 1977. A narthex and then our two church halls modernised in 1996 and finally the space between the church and the small supermarket converted into a welcome centre by 2013 incorporating the new main entrance on Starbeck High Street, additional toilet facilities and a modern kitchen area replacing the original toilet and kitchen area within the church building. The supermarket closed at the end of 2017 and suffered an arson attack in early July 2018. Its future use is uncertain currently (January 2019)