The present church in Sheepy Magna was rebuilt in 1778 and stands on the site of a much earlier building. There is documentary evidence to suggest that the earlier church probably predated 1150. The memorials in the church today are dominated by the Fell family who presided over the rectory virtually uninterrupted from 1768 till 1888. Other memorials relate to the Lowe family who held the manor in the 19th century and were the owners of nearby Sheepy Parva mill, the Wollaston family from Shenton Hall who owned Sheepy Lodge again in the 19th century.
The fine east window is dedicated to Catherine Wollaston who married into the Hanmer family of Grendon and the beautiful Reredos of alabaster and caen stone is dedicated to her mother Josette Wollaston who came to live at Sheepy Lodge after her husband died in 1879 and her son inherited Shenton Hall. The fine east window in the north aisle is dedicated to her daughter. When the church was rebuilt it appears that the outline plan was close to the original building. The North aisle and a porch were added in 1859. The tower contains a a very fine peal of six bells. Amongst the treasures of All Saints; the jewels must be the Burne-Jones and Kempe stained glass windows.
All are very welcome to any of our services here at All Saints Sheepy Magna, and you will be offered a warm welcome. There are weekly services including midweek Communion services (Thursdays 9am) and the first and third Sunday Communions and other occasional services. For services across the benefice, please see 'What's on'.
We are an Intergenerational congregation, and offer prayer and worship for all ages.
There are kitchen and toilet facilities.
The parish of Sheepy w Ratcliffe Culey, Sibson, Orton-on-the-Hill, Twycross & Shenton is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and adults. Please see our safeguarding page for more information.
For general enquiries please contact the Benefice Administrator on [email protected]